Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Different People With Different Needs

Dear diary,

Well we finally did it, we overthrew the control that Britain had over us and now we are free! Although I fear we may not be able to enjoy our freedom for long, I fear we have a long road ahead of us. We have alot to do, we must establish a Government and a document that dictates rules for our entire nation. I also fear that we may be running ourselves into another war so soon. I overheard some people talking about our first leader, they reffered to him as our "president", I think they said his name was Washington or something like that. I also heard that there were people in congress debating over our new Constitution they are trying to make sure everything is just right for us but it sure is taking along time. My parents were talking the other day and they said that people were already disagreeing on things and that we have already split into two different political parties, the Federalists and the Democrat-Republicans. We have to get our act together if we ever hope to survive, but I have faith in our new Government and I know they will do what is right.

It is the on going question, "how can a nation be unified, when different people need different things?". Well I dont have an answer but I can try to elaborate on how many nations are trying. Since the first day America was an independent country we have always had trouble meeting the concerns of our people. Everyone has a different opinion and everyone has a different need, and to meet those needs America has tried to improve our economy. America has also attempted to ally with other countries by helping them with situations that they are having. America has even become multi-religion friendly. America has made some mistakes in the past in trying to please everyone, such as making our economy so fragile that it crashes with the touch of a finger. Now you can say that America hasnt met your needs or your concerns but you sure cant say they arent trying.

1 comment:

DMickeal said...

I like how you wrote your journal in a real life perspective. What do you mean by "Now you can say that America hasnt met your needs or your concerns but you sure cant say they arent trying"?