Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Preserving The Nation

Dear diary,



It's me again, I am here sitting in my room doing nothing because the military regiment that was assigned to my town has ordered us to stay inside until told otherwise. This whole thing has thrown my parents into an uproar, they keep saying, "how are we supposed to farm if we can't go outside". I personally enjoy the military presence in the town they give us order, they give us direction. When the military presence first began I hated the regiment that was assigned to our town but as time went on I realized that with out them there some people from our town would have tried to start the war all over again. The military presence keeps us in check though, they make sure we dont try to do anything stupid. Sometimes though they can get a little forceful and may have resort to brute force but on their defense it is the citizens fault because they start it and leave the soldier no choice. Sometime's a military presence is needed in certain area's to keep that area under control. I may not understand everything that is going on right now but I have a feeling that this military presence will do us all some good. Well I am gonna go now, it sounds like the military regiment is letting us out of our homes now. Until next time.

Can the use of force preserve a nation? It is a question that has run through the minds of politicians alot, and it is also a question that our nation has had to deal with during past events. I for one think that force is a great way to preserve a nation, think about it, without some kind of force pushing us we would never do some of the things we do. Think back to the reconstruction of the south, without that military presence that was there, I truly believe that the south would have never gotten back to what they used to be. Why, you may ask, because that military presence the south would have never stopped arguing about everything, but because of that presence the south got to work and rebuilt themselves to their former glory. Let us also think back to the 13th, 14th, and 15th ammendment, congress knew those ammendments would throw the south into an outrage but they had to force themselves and the south to agree to it and in the end those three ammendments would eventually bring our nation together. So you see force can be a great way to preserve a nation. The question still stands though, can the use of force preserve a nation? The question may never be answered but we can always try.

2 comments:

Dob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dob said...

I liked how you made it into a journal entry. You used alot of detail...thats good.